[2015] Operability of non-ice class aged ships in the Arctic Ocean-Part I: Ultimate limit state approach > Selected Papers

본문 바로가기

Selected Papers

[2015] Operability of non-ice class aged ships in the Arctic Ocean-Par…

페이지 정보

Author Admin 작성일15-11-04 15:45 Hit15,425 Count Comments0 Count

본문

OCEAN ENGINEERING, 102(): 197-205, 2015

Operability of non-ice class aged ships in the Arctic Ocean-Part I: Ultimate limit state approach

Author(s): Park, Dae Kyeom, Kim, Do Kyun, Seo, Jung Kwan, Kim, Bong Ju, Ha, Yeon Chul, Paik, Jeom Kee

Abstract:

Ultimate limit state-based ultimate longitudinal strength analysis was performed to identify the operability of aged non-ice class ships in the Arctic Ocean considering aging. A series of Arctic temperatures, i.e., from room temperature to -80 degrees C, were applied to the target structure. Timevariant corrosion wastage was employed in the case of age-related damage. The ALPS/HULL progressive hull girder collapse analysis program based on the ISFEM (Idealized Super-size Finite Element Method) was used to evaluate the ultimate hull girder strength with the material properties determined from a series of tensile tests. Based on the results, the operability of aged ships operating under Arctic conditions was estimated. (C) 2015 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

Comment List

There's no comments